Sunday, December 21, 2008

Shared Birthdays

When I was pregnant with my second child, my maternal grandmother was diagnosed with colon cancer. She had a portion of her colon removed and got all the cancer cells. I told her I was not going to get her a birthday present this time because I was going to have my baby on her birthday.
And that is exactly what I did!

May 11: My son and my Grandmother's birthday
April 23: My brother and his step daughter's birthday
Jan. 9: Mine and my niece's birthday
Dec. 29: My mom and my nephew's birthday

Does anyone else have birthday's shared by other family members?

7 comments:

Laurie said...

My nephew was due on my birthday but decided to show up exactly a week earlier. My younger daughter and her great-uncle share a birthday. I think that's it for our family. Pretty surprising since I come from a big family and we all married and had kids!

PDX Granny said...

August 8th is the date in our family. That was my parent's anniversary. One of my nieces was born on that date, then a few years later a nephew.

The sad part is that also on that date, and my nephew's 16th birthday, his mom passed away suddenly.

Anonymous said...

My mother's was April 13 and her dads was April 11. Every year, while my mother was young, both celebrated on April 12 with a cake made by my grandmother.

meb said...

I'm amazed too that none of us seem to have birthdays on the same day...close but no brass ring... and we're a very large family too.
Hmmmmmm???

Elizabeth said...

My mother had a great 70TH birthday present - her first grandson - my son Bobby!
Both February 28th.

ps have lived in New York for 30 years and never seen a drawn gun.
Never owned a gun and never will.
I'm from England and was frightened of America at first.(too much TV!)
However, it's GREAT.
Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday a day late! I hope you had a good one. Right now I am going to find you an ecard and send it.

Sydney said...

How did I miss this post?

I don't, but I was just baotu my sister's 10th b-day present. Her B-day is on Jan 20 and mine is on the 21st. She said this year she is getting Obama sworn into office for her present. It's her 60th! nice!