Monday, January 19, 2009

Stop and Listen

This is a poem my cousin wrote that I thought was beautiful. With her permission, I have posted it here. She has it on her Facebook and on her blog.



















The noise of traffic outside my window,
Seeking to steal the peace of the morning.
The melody of the bird outside my window,
Singing the glory of the Lord.
My eyes open slowly,
I awake to the sounds,
Their voices competing for my attention.
Stop for a moment, take it all in,
Listening to the birds declaring God's majesty.
- Nancy Kourmoulis

4 comments:

Laurie said...

This poem speaks to me, just as the birds do in the morning. I love hearing them chirping away. That picture is nice, too. Chubby little guy, isn't he?

We had a parakeet at our bird feeder yesterday afternoon. So colorful and full of song. I hope it returns!

Sydney said...

what a lovely poem, and the picture you found to go with it is perfect. Tel your cousin she has some fans.

meb said...

Beautiful donna... Your cousin has a talent that most of us would wish for. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Donna for posting and for your cousin for creating and sharing it.