Monday, April 20, 2009

Tile...Kitchen Floor....Finally

This is the old linoleum floor I have had since I built my house in 1986. This is a pic of my kitchen in January on my birthday to show the color of the walls before.

There were two places where the luan subfloor had worn a crack completely thru.

This is the new color. You can't see it very well because the picture is at night.
This was the first day of laying tile, which was the 2nd day they worked. The "durarock" subfloor was day 1.

This is my living room while the kitchen was being tiled. This mess about made me crazy!!



These four pics are day 3.


Day 4 and the tile is complete except for the mortar!


YEAH....DONE...Moved all the furniture back in on the 6th day!


Nice, I love it...

I think it looks wonderful.








The new wall color is a mustardish color and I like it. THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS!
I need some help with the decor if any of you would like to suggest anything.

6 comments:

~~Silk said...

Wow! It really looks nice.

Sydney said...

Wow Donna -- congrats, it's so clean and fresh looking! My decoration advice is silly, but I'm only half kidding. The stuff that was hanging up for your b-day party looked happy and so inviting! I know, but I just had to say it....

meb said...

Looks really great Donna. I wish I had the stamina to even consider doing this to my kitchen, even tho it desperately needs it.

No decoration suggestions. I always need someone else to offer me suggestions. No such talent lives in me.

Laurie said...

Donna, it looks wonderful and so fresh and clean. Do you just stand there and admire it sometimes?

I have no decorating advice either, but if you ever grow tired of the white hutch on the shorter wall, please let me know! *grin*

Bet you are happy to have your stuff out of the living room and in the kitchen again. We remodeled our kitchen a few years ago and the "camping" in the living room was a pain!

wineandroasts said...

Nicely done! My kitchen floor, currently and hopefully temporarily, is sub-floor. We pulled up the 1949 (probably asbestos, but we pretended like it wasn't) tiles a few months ago and are just about ready to install hardwood. You're welcome to c'mon over and lend a hand!

Anonymous said...

I do not know how I missed this post when you first put it up. I love the tile and especially the border around it...did you design it that way? I see the white cabinet...is that an antique? We have a metal topped kitchen table that looks like it could be a match to the cabinet. I love the old cabinets that have the flour sifters in them. Have you seen those?

You have had some time to live with the new walls and floor, how are you liking them?